Our history curriculum aims to encourage students to become independent learners, critical thinkers and decision makers; personal assets that can make them stand out as they progress to further education and/or the workplace. Students study a broad and interesting curriculum which provides them with a platform to better understand the world around them and the key events that shaped it on a local, national and global level.
We understand that our students will have varying degrees of subject knowledge upon arrival at Music Stuff therefore, through the OCR Entry Level History course, we offer all our KS4 students the opportunity to achieve a recognised and meaningful qualification regardless of their previous knowledge. The course allows our history learners to:
- develop and extend their knowledge and understanding of specified key events, periods and societies in local, British and wider world history
- develop and extend their knowledge of the wide diversity of human experience
- engage in historical enquiry to develop as independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers
- develop the ability to ask relevant questions about the past, to investigate issues critically and to make valid historical claims by using a range of sources in their historical context
- develop an awareness of why people, events and developments have been accorded historical significance and how and why different interpretations have been constructed about them
- organise and communicate their historical knowledge and understanding in different ways and reach substantiated conclusions.